Saturday, February 14

Suspend Vancouver

When one is home-sick, the moment you step into a SQ flight, a little comfort beckons you already upon hearing the oh-so-familiar Singlish from the crew, reading The Straits Times. You know you are on the way home.

But news like this:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/409001/1/.html

Sigh......why? That bad meh? Out of the entire big wide world, must they choose Vancouver to suspend? And only ONE city is suspended!

I don't believe ok!! When we did our booking, the sector from Seoul to Vancouver is ALWAYS fully booked! Some conspiracy must be going on.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, understand completely your feelings on the "singapore" feel on SQ flights.
Whenever I travel for business, no matter which snow-laden cold foreign land I departed from 10 minutes ago, I immediately feel like i'm "half-way" home the moment the attendants offer their "Would you like a copy of the Straits Times, sir?" :)

Double the homey points when you read about rising ERP charges (and new GANTRIES too!), new HDB flats (always in sengkang/punggol), MRT north east lines etc. on the FORUM page :)