We have prayed for 1 year to get affirmation on the desire.
God answered.
Hubby and I had this nagging desire sometime in Aug 2008 to return to Singapore after living in Canada for more than 2 years. We weren't sure if this was accurate, as we had already by then bought a house there, kiddo started Grade 1 in elementry school and hubby was doing well in his job. Basically, life was adjusting well, relaxed, LOTS of family time. What more could we be asking for?
So we prayed consistently for one year for His answer. The answer came in Sep 2009 when hubby secured a job in Singapore after a few rounds of Skype interview. As for me, my boss offered me the job that I was in before I left with a decent amount of increment. And kiddo was accepted into Singapore's primary school. All these were considered very much miracles as the economy was still recovering then and jobs were hard to come by. We only know it is HIS provision that allow us to transit back seamlessly.
On Dec 6, 2009. We returned to Singapore.
This time, as returner. Coming back wasn't that difficult. For, we have never disliked nor hated Singapore when we left. We were apprehensive initially with what would others think of returners, but we learnt that so long we are happy, thats what matter most. We merely wanted to live a dream. Any regrets for taking this path many asked. We say NO. At least we don't live with a regret for the rest of our lives. Perhaps the only drawback was, our career kind of got halted due to this move. But this is really not that important anymore. And seriously, we are more thankful than anything else for being able to re-join this rat race once again.
Within the month of Dec, hubby and I started work, our new domestic helper arrived, settled kiddo no2. into her childcare, bought a new car (Another thing to thank for with the rising COE!). Never been this efficient in my entire life!
Its been 5 months since returning, we have really settled down back just like we have never left before. We have learned not to complain about the ERP, COE and crowd. The kids are happy to have celebrated CNY. And weekends with friends and relatives. Kiddo is also doing fine in school despite the lack of Chinese foundation. I am thankful, really for her conscientious effort to do her best.
Just basking in the warmth and love of friends and relatives is already a blessing itself.
这或许就是落叶归根吧 ?Thank you friends for checking back on us :)



4 comments:
I had this feeling that you will post :) Welcome back! So happy that you are back here and everything is right time right place. Praise Daddy for His constant provision! *HUGS* We should meet again soon for a non garlic luncheon :)
Love the durian shot! :)
Welcome back!!! :) You mean your elder girl is in P1 already?? Time really flies!!
Excellent Mel.
Looks like all is well. We'll keep in touch via blog, right? I'm just happy that we got to meet a couple of times. I still have Cadence's shoes :) I'm passing it down to Hailey now. Hahaha.
Hi Ben/ Mel!
What's your mobile now?
Tried calling Ben's but was told wrong number :P
/Bang
Post a Comment