But having said all these, I reckon I'd not regret this decision to become a SAHM here. I have been snubbed by friends whom I once thought were close... coz they think I am always very free at home, insist on calling me "Yellow-Face Aunty" via MSN....
Just last nite, while looking through kiddo's Kinderland's pictures, our guilty feeling did surge up for a while....for now, I am glad I have the opportunity to be an almost SAHM.
On the contrary, being a SAHM can sometime drive one crazy. Here, no part time maid, all housework-DIY. I have to prepare lunch for hubby to bring to work, its a culture here to pack lunch to work. I don't have official tea break time anymore. I hardly get to surf all the mamas' blogs.
Nevertheless, I can only enjoy every moment I have, be it looking after the kid, or cooking. So here is a little snippets of what I have been up to :
In order of appearance:
Kong Ba Pau (my signature dish)
Cha Kway Tiao
Hainanese Chicken Rice
Chao Tau Kway
3 comments:
At least you cook... me - no chance man! :) What days are you off? The only day that I'm out is Thursdays. Let's get together - maybe you can teach me how to cook - better yet, we'll just laze around and chit chat.
Come to think of it, Singgies are quite an obnoxious bunch, huh? I realised every woman who quits the corporate world to stay at home, gets some sarcastic remarks from friends and they are especially hurtful when coming from close friends whom you never imagine are capable of such. When I was living in China, my friends teased me endlessly of being as coarse and unstylish as the Chinese Nationals. Now that we are living in Penang, I get the 'kampung girl' tag. Hell, I don't even tell most of them that I'm pregnant because I hate to hear what else they might say. Yellow-faced? Fat-assed? Lumpy? *shudder'
Hi Mel, chanced upon your blog and I enjoyed reading abt your day. I think SAHM are the most underrated profession ever. For being brave enough to take the less-trodden path, I salute you.
I am also a SAHM living out of singapore due to hubby's work.
Wow, your cooking is fantastic! Will you be able to share some of the recipes so that we can sarisfy our cravings while out of the sunny island? :)
Post a Comment