kid smelling tulip (but tulip has no smell one lah)
Just read from a vancouver's newspaper that Singapore has topped in a recent survey:Some Cities in the Global Rank of Pedestrians' Walking Speeds
I have the news link from another source on the net though for those who are interested.
Do Singaporeans really have no time to stop and smell the roses in life? Where are they rushing to? What is the rush in their lives? What will slow them down to take a breather and enjoy what they have in this sunny little island?
When we lived in Singapore, we were just as guilty.... what rose? I'd be grateful if the heat, the pressure doesn't weigh me down. Seriously, I often did wonder why the rush, what's the rush.....rush till lost in my own rush at times.
Looking back, I know its rare that we get chances to stop and smell the rose indeed....And when we do, most S'poreans will escape for a holiday elsewhere to smell the rose in foreign land.....thats why the rose always smells nicer elsewhere, and the grass always look greener elsewhere, because got more "fertilizer" aka sh*t elsewhere also mah!
Singapore is a great place afterall........I do miss Singapore, seriously.
1 comment:
I agree with you, Singapore is a great place indeed. It has everything we need for one to live comfortably in a modernised world and those who have tried it can really appreciate it as a savory. The problem I do 'have' with Singapore sometimes, is the people. Perhaps we can learn more graciousness as a society on the whole. We also lack some form of balance, which is why it is hard for us to smell the roses.
Thanks for reminding me, Mel, I'm heading home soon. One part of me dreads going home but I know where comfort zone is, too.
Post a Comment